Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why have my artwork framed at Bhome?
- We have a friendly staff with a combined 55 years of experience.
- We dedicate ourselves to choosing the perfect frame choice for your artwork, no matter the budget.
- We have an extensive supply of different profiles and colors to meet your needs.
- All orders are processed in-house.
Q: How much does custom framing cost?The variables that determine the cost of framing are:
- The size and type of artwork
- How elaborate of a framing you want
Q: How long does it take to have something custom framed?
An average order will take approximately 2-3 weeks. However, we can accommodate a shorter timeline with special orders.
Q: What are the different types of glass available?
- Regular Glass: High quality clear glass is 2.5 mm, washed and paper interleaved. Best used for artwork made of paper, such as posters and prints.
- Non-Glare: Reduces glare and reflections in rooms with high velocity of light.
- Conservation Glass: Protects artwork by absorbing 97% of harmful UV light, which can cause fading and other damage.
- Plexiglass: Acrylic glass offering optimal clarity, lightweight durability, and impact resistant, it’s a great choice for shipping and handling of large scale and oversize artwork.
Q: What is drymounting and laminating?
- Drymounting: Is a permanent process using a heat press to bond a piece of artwork to a board preventing buckling and rippling in the paper. Recommended for bonding photographic paper and printed materials.
- Laminating: Is a clear film protecting and enhancing photographic prints and graphics. Laminating can be a substitution for glass, easy to clean and maintain.
Q: When should a mat be used?
- To frame all paper art and documents.
- To serve as a spacer, separating the glass from the item being framed.
- To increase the size of what you are framing.
- To combine more than one item into a single frame.
- To provide a background to set or mount something on.